Friday, August 5, 2011

Our Weekend: The Adirondacks


Sorry about the tippy picture.  We were on a boat (m-effer on a boat).

Yes, I know it is Friday, and I am just now talking about what we did last weekend.  Better late than never!

This past weekend, we went with some of our friends to their lakehouse in the Adirondacks.  They were so kind to include us and we had the best time!  I had never been to the Adirondacks--it is such a beautiful area.  We spent most of the time lounging, eating, and poking around the property.

Mr. Snoop checks out this awesome old rifle.
He may just fit in with my family yet. 
That thing was SO heavy.  Take a look at that bayonet! 

I am also happy to report that I heard/saw my very first loon! 


Mr. Snoop went on a guys canoe trip to Algonquin Park a few years ago and has been obsessed with loon noises (calls?) ever since.  I finally got to hear what he was talking about.  Such an eerie and cool noise.  We also saw it dive down--and then pop back up like 100 yards away.  Craziness.

At a quick visit to a craft fair, I scored this awesome antique chair for a steal of a deal.  Don't you love the woven seat?  Now I have to paint my desk to coordinate.  I will also replace the hardware.  Any suggestions?  I love that I have a souvenir to remember this wonderful weekend by!


I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!

2 comments:

  1. the lake looks beautiful! And that chair is so cute - I love the pink! I'm not much of a creative thinker myself-I leave that to Pinterest ;) but I can't wait to see what you create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I miss that chair yesterday!? So cute. I know you think I'm a little crazy...but I still want your desk to be red.

    ReplyDelete