Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Irene + Mr. Snoop's Friend

Well, we made it safely through Irene.  The power only went out for a couple of seconds on Sunday night.. after the hurricane came through.  Honestly, I find the snowstorms up here to be far more terrifying than Irene was.  But then again I'm allergic to the cold.  This is the worst of the damages in the Snoop household:


I sustained this perfectly rhombus-shaped burn while baking cookies for the hospital staff who had to stay overnight Saturday in order to work on Sunday.  And yes, a cat stepped on me in utero.  That's how I got the birthmark. 

All joking aside, this happened about a mile away:


In addition, neighborhoods in the town where I work got over 4 feet of water.  A psychiatrist who was an attending physician for medical students in their psych rotation at Mr. Snoop's school died.  So sad.  Needless to say, I am very thankful that the little cottage we rent was so solidly built over a hundred years ago... on a hill.

On to other news.  Mr. Snoop is nearing the tail end of his Internal Medicine rotation, and has decided without a doubt that Internal Medicine is not for him.  But, as I learned last night, I'm glad he is apparently making friends:

He says: "Did I tell you about the nurse at the hospital who treats me like I'm her son?"

I say:  "Umm.  No."

Mr. Snoop:  "Yeah, she's a little bit older.  She rubs my head and brings me popcorn."

....????....

2 comments:

  1. I feel so awful for the Doctor's family - sending positive thoughts and prayers their way.

    Glad you all were safe on the top of your hill!

    Internal Medicine wasn't for Russ, either, but that nurse sounds pretty interesting. At least it's popcorn??? I don't even know haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude....how does my husband never tell me big medical school news like "One of our attendings passed away." Gah.

    ReplyDelete