Friday, January 25, 2013

Trip to DC

Well hello friendlies.

Mr. Snoop and I are back from our epic adventures. He was gone from NY for two weeks, can you believe it? The first stop on our journey (excluding his real first stop for an interview in the midwest) was to D.C. And it was the very best time. There was much brunching and hanging out with girlfriends and karaoke-ing and lounging and hanging out with brother and coffee drinking and celebrating of birthdays. Absolutely divine.

Have we discussed how lucky I am to have such marvelous college girlfriends? Because it is true. Not only are these KD ladies the prettiest, but they are also the smartest, the kindest, the funniest, and the best-hearted girls around. I just adore you gals.

Onward! To pictures! As you can see, there was much (inadvertent) matching of outfits. At some points over the weekend, the following people matched: Jenny + Dave, Mr. Snoop + Tom, and Mr. Snoop + Chris. And probably others, too.



Additional observations from Our Nation's Capital:

- I like D.C.

- The D.C. metro is much better labeled and more civilized than the NY trains.

- Georgetown is a great area in which to run.

- It is a terrible idea to go up the exorcist stairs (see pic) 3.5 miles into a run. I thought I was going to die.

- Pho is delicious.

- My friends think my brother is attractive. This makes me simultaneously proud and slightly nauseous.

- Did I mention I heart my girlfriends?

Next Up... on to Texas!

3 comments:

  1. You are a KD?! I was a KD for two years before I had to quit due to financial obligations :(

    I Loooooove DC! My bestie Sarah lives there and when we lived in Pittsburgh I loved going to visit her. The metro is definitely not as scary as I thought it would be! And those stairs! We climbed them once (I thought I was going to die) but there was a crazy guy that was running up and down them! And the Pho. Oh my goodness...we haven't found anything that beats what we had there.

    So glad you had a wonderful trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a KD!! AOT, sister :) I knew I liked you :)

      Delete
  2. I love DC - there's so much to explore, tons of great museums, and lots of quaint neighborhoods.

    ReplyDelete