Friday, January 4, 2013

2012 Quickie Recap

I saw this floating around the blogosphere, and while I don't typically like these things, I thought it would be a great way for me to focus on the positives of a rather crappy year. So here goes:

Favorite trip? Easter in Austin and a family wedding in Michigan. Here are Mr. Snoop and I at said wedding. Selfie!



Favorite book? Columbine by Dave Cullen. If you liked In Cold Blood by Truman Capote, you should read this, though it is not as gory as In Cold Blood. Well-researched, well-written. Amazing book.

Favorite movie? Hmmm... Les Miserables.

Favorite TV show? Downton Abbey and Boardwalk Empire. Gosh, I am such a girl.

Favorite song? Album? Call me maybe. So sue me.

Favorite purchase? New workout clothes to replace the ones I've had since (yikes) high school. It was time.

Favorite meal out? Peekskill Brewery with Mr. Snoop.

Favorite new recipe? I love to cook! Cauliflower Cheddar Soup from Martha and Spicy Ham and Greens Quiche from Southern Living

Favorite day? March 17. A beautiful, unseasonably warm Saturday. I had just gotten great news about my health after a long, really rough month. So I sat outside in our front yard in shorts (in March! in New York! alleluia!), read a book, and soaked up the sun. It was heavenly:



Favorite development? Running again. It took some hellacious stuff to get me to go there, but I'm so glad I did.

Favorite outfit? Hmmm... anything summery, as usual. I liked the navy dress + coral necklace + yellow purse I wore to the family wedding. And of course any colorful top with white jeans and summery shoes!

Favorite Holiday: Easter, always.

What about you??

1 comment:

  1. I really need to get on the Downtown Abbey train and start watching it!
    We're currently addicted to Homeland and I'm always a fan of New Girl!

    ReplyDelete