Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Holiday Recap

Phew.

We stuck around here for Christmas. As much as I would have loved to be in Texas, it was nice not to have to fly, especially since we got snow the day after Christmas. Here are some highlights from the last week or so:

- Children's Christmas Pageant at my work. First of all, there is nothing cuter than a children's Chrismas pageant. Ever. Nothing beats little guys dressed up like sheep (+ one cow). Also, it is one of the few children's programs I do not work on, so I get to sit back, relax, and enjoy. Though I did get a little teary since this might be my last pageant there.

- Lots of hang time with my most marvelous sister-in-law.

- Finding delicious tamales for Christmas Eve. I love that we are continuing this tradition even though we are hundreds of miles away from Texas.

- Christmas morning breakfast at our house:


- A Christmas morning double kitty shotgun salute:


- Lots of time with friends who came in from out of town. One of Mr. Snoop's fraternity brothers and my Yessica were both around.

- Les Mis. Holy crap, Anne Hathaway.

- Saying goodbye and good riddance to 2012. It was not the best year for me, Mr. Snoop, or anyone in my immediate family. For many, many reasons. So happy to have the year done with and on to a better year in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment