Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Evita

I don't know if I've mentioned this here before, but Mr. Snoop's parents recently moved about an hour away from us in New Jersey.  We get to see them fairly frequently, and this weekend they treated us to seeing Evita on Broadway.  It was awesome.  I love Evita--the story, the music, and even the movie version with Madonna.  So this was such a treat!

...And, guess who was Che?  None other than Ricky Martin himself!  I didn't quite know what to expect, but he totally rocked and carried the whole show.  He is definitely the classic triple threat: actor, singer, dancer.  And he is just as adorable as ever, even with the 'stache he was rocking to play Che. 

I loved the costume that Eva wore for "Don't cry for me Argentina."  The actress was funny and had certainly mastered the Eva Peron persona, but to be honest I had a difficult time hearing/understanding some of the words when she was singing.  This is when I wish my sister was there so she could tell me what exactly was going on from a professional's point of view.

Before the show--it was a matinee--Mr. Snoop and I went to brunch at Maison.  I typically avoid Times Sqaure like the plague, so I would recommend going to Maison if you are going to see a show.  It is a little bit uptown, on 53rd, I think, but easy walking distance, good food, and good (for NY) prices.  They have great outdoor seating which we totally would have taken advantage of had it not been rainy and cold. 

In other news, we snoops are very happy that Kentucky won the NCAA tournament!  Mr. Snoop is a Kentucky boy so we were both wearing blue and white yesterday.  And this means Mr. Snoop won my work's bracket pool.  I came in third to last, which is what you get for going with loyalties (Texas and Georgetown).

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment