Monday, April 30, 2012

Snoop's Guide to Grad Gifts Part 1

Tis the season... for graduations!  Confirmations!  All sorts of -ations!

Buying gifts for people is by far one of my favorite things to do.  So in case anyone is struggling to come up with a graduation gift idea this time of year and mostly because I just love gift-giving, I thought I'd start sharing some of my ideas over a couple of posts.  Here are my personal rules of thumb for all types of -ation gifts.

1. Personalization.  Being a southern gal, there are few things I love as much as a good monogram. 

2. Classic.  The person should be able to use your gift for years to come.  Which means it shouldn't go out of style and should be well made.

2. Utility.  In my opinion, a graduation gift should be something that you can also actually use.  No young person needs things that are just going to sit on the shelf.

I'm going to have to do several posts because I'm that crazy.  All of which involve monogramming, so prepare yourself. 

My first favorite, go-to graduation/confirmation/general -ation gift is....

-The Little Bag- 

Perfect for High School/College/Confirmation.  And for guys or girls.  Monogramed, of course.  Everyone can use a little bag for makeup, accessories, toiletries, odd n ends, etc.  It could go in your purse, bathroom, for travel...

I love the idea of ordering or monogramming a bag in college colors for the high school or college graduate.  Here are some of my favorites:

 Pic is from here

The Jon Hart Grande or the Jon Hart Mini Makeup.  Jon Hart is a Texas designer and his stuff is SO well made.  It lasts forever.  You can monogram the leather patch in the middle and it looks great.  Plus the bags come in a ton of colors.   


This terry Pottery Barn bag is such a good deal.  Right now it's on sale for only $14.  Wowsa.  Looks great with a monogram, and the inside is lined with plastic for spills.  This is a go-to gift for me. 
 
pic is from here
For a guy, a shave/dop kit is always a great gift.  They'll use it forever.  My parents got Mr. Snoop one for his college graduation and he loves it.  This Jon Hart is always a good option.


I also love these West Elm bags.  They have great, more under-stated patterns and designs for someone who is not as flamboyant as I am others might be.

For the designer-conscious gal, a little Kate Spade, Coach, or Tory bag like this one would be a cute gift.  I love the colors on this Tory Burch.  With a little bag like this you get the designer wow effect for a more reasonable price point.


Coming up next: Girl-specific gifts! 


1 comment: