Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Dark & Heathen Land Of No Sonic

Y'all.  This weekend I brought the Mountain to Mohammed. 

... Or the Diet Cherry Limeade to the Southerner.  Whatever.

One of the most tragic things about the Great White North is that there is no Sonic.  It is truly heartbreaking and I don't really know how civilization has survived up here without it.  Or maybe, on the other hand, the lack of Sonics might explain some things about certain deplorable yankee behaviors.  Hmmm.... I feel a thesis comin' on.

Anyway, when the temperature gets above 80, as it did here recently, I tend to have an overwhelming need for a diet cherry limeade from Sonic.  This most recent surge in temperatures over the weekend was accompanied by my very own reguarly scheduled monthly hormonal fluctuations, if you will, so I needed a diet cherry limeade or someone might just die.  You girls know how that is.  Sorry, guys. 

So I turned to my best girl, Pinterest, for the solution.  Love her.  And then I went to our brand spankin new super Stop & Shop right down the street and got these...


And made this....



And thanks to my intrepid and pioneer-like spirit (too far?), everything was all better.  It really is the wilderness up here, y'all.   


If any of you poor souls also live in The Dark & Heathen Land Of No Sonic and you want the recipe, I used this one on Pinterest.  It was the simplest one I found.  Simple syrup?  No thanks.  I upped the lime juice to a full cup because I like things lime-y.  Here ya go:

2 liters lemon-lime soda
1 cup lime juice (I used the bottled stuff above and it was awesome, but if you're fancy I guess you could squeeze your own?  Yikes.)
1/4 cup grenadine
limes for slicing (If you want.  You probably do want.)

Mix together in a pitcher and enjoy with a slice of lime.

I have not sampled this idea just yet, but I imagine this would be crazy delicious spiked with a little Tito's vodka if you happen to be feeling naughty.  Just a suggestion.

No comments:

Post a Comment