Friday, March 30, 2012

Tick Tock

This is going to sound totally cheesy and cliche.  But this past week I have realized how insanely quickly time seems to be passing.  On my way to work I looked at my car registration sticker and realized that we might no longer be in New York when I need to have it renewed.  By a long shot. 

Then I looked at my car inspection sticker (April), and it hit me that things are going to be crazy different in April of next year.  We will already know where we are going for residency for the next 5 years.  And we might already be packing.  I just can't believe it.  I remember being told that medical school would fly by, but I thought there was no freaking way.  Wrong!

In a matter of months, Mr. Snoop will have applied to residencies.  In a frantic effort to control my world, and we all know how much I love to do that, I took a page out of my girl Keely's book and made a gigantic spreadsheet organized by state.  For Mr. Snoop's specialty of choice, he will apply to a minimum of 50 programs, God help us.  In case you are wondering why, the specialty he wants to go into is very competitive and there are typically only 2-3 spots per program.  So the spreadsheet it absolutely necessary so that I can keep track of where everything is. 

Mr. Snoop has already applied to one of his two away rotations, and I am so anxious to hear back.  As usual, I can't wait for the next piece of news--where/when he'll go for the away rotations, when the application process starts.  I'm trying my best to just be present in this particular moment in time and not think too much about the next steps.  Patience is a virtue that I don't have, right?

1 comment:

  1. That's so exciting, I can't wait to hear where y'all will land for the next adventure. But I hear ya on how time flies... how are we 28???? (well, you're almost.)

    ReplyDelete