Thursday, December 8, 2011

Surviving Winter: Part 1

I hate the cold.  A lot.  Like I throw total toddler-style temper tantrums about how cold it is.  Obviously, winter in the Great White North presents some serious issues for me.  Part of the problem with winter up here is that it is freakin long.  Like cold from October to April, long.  No leaves on the trees for six months, long.  The sun goes down at 4:00.  See photo evidence, taken out my office window yesterday at 4:00:


I can sort of deal with the cold right now because it is the Christmas season.  After that, it stops being festive and cute.  Then it is just dreary.  In an effort to remind myself that I can make it til May, I'll be posting about how to survive my third winter as a Texan in New York.  God help me.

Winter Survival Trick #1

This fall, I found these lovelies at Nordstrom Rack for $7.  They are fleece-lined and come in tights and leggings.  I'm hoping they'll be the answer to my prayers this winter:

I got 2 pairs of the tights and 2 pairs of the leggings.

Do you like the cold?  How do you make it through these dark months?

No comments:

Post a Comment