Thursday, December 1, 2011

Portraiture

One of my (many) favorite things about my job is the wide variety of ages I get to work with.  Not many people in education get to work closely with ages 3 to 18, so I definitely consider myself lucky.  For comparison purposes, here is some relatively recent artwork I have been gifted.  Get ready, y'all.  You're about to see some talent.

From the Middle School Age Group:

By "M"

This is me.  Obviously.  Why would I show you art with anything else as the subject?  M had a little kit where you choose face shape, hair, outfits, etc and trace them.  So she replicated my entire outfit that day, down to my favorite gold Kate Spade flats, which I'm sure many of you recognized.  And the cardigan.  Duh.  Also, I prefer to stand and walk in the above pose.  At all times.

From the Preschool age group:

By "S"

As if you had to guess, this is also a portrait of moi.  As a mermaid, obviously.  S clearly intuited the many afternoons I spent in my best friend's pool pretending to be a mermaid when I was a kid.  Please note that S is right on target with my current hairdo.  Such perceptiveness is truly moving.

I hope y'all have enjoyed the lovely art.  What can I say, receiving portraits is one of many perks!

1 comment:

  1. so cute!!! i can't decide which one is a more accurate portrayal of you!

    ReplyDelete