Monday, January 23, 2012

Surviving Winter: Part 4

I don't know about y'all, but winter in the Great White North really dries out my skin.  Thank God for heaters, but they really dry out the air and thus everything else.  Here's what I've discovered to remedy the dry:
1.  Lotion.  Lots of it.  The last thing I want to do when I come out of a warm shower is put on lotion, but I force myself, otherwise I pay for it later.  By clawing off my horribly itchy skin.  This is my current favorite, which I found at Nordstrom Rack for about $70 off the purchase price:



2.  Lip Stuff.  Lots of it.  I've learned to never let my lips go without a product of some sort or they turn into a flaky, bloody, mess.  Here's my go-to fave:

I buy it at sephora

3.  Humidifier.  Last and least fun but not least important, Mr. Snoop and I keep a humidifier in our bedroom and run it all night.  Aimed at my face.  Literally.  Here's the one we have, which we got on great sale at Bed Bath and Beyond one spring:

 
So those are my go-tos for avoiding dry skin in the winter.  What products do you love?

No comments:

Post a Comment