Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Brain Dump

My brain is not functioning well enough to write a coherent post (let's be honest.. I'm never all that coherent anyway), so I'll do bullet points today.

- Mr. Snoop is in his 4th week of his surgery rotation.  This means he has 4 more weeks to go.  As expected, surgery has been by far is favorite.  He's rotated through vascular surgery and is currently in pediatric surgery.  Next week he begins ENT and after that it will be trauma.

- The 6am to 6pm surgery hours are wearing both of us out.  Not that I mind being in bed by 9pm.  Totally my style.  Sometimes it feels like all we do is work, eat dinner, and sleep.

- The hospital where Mr. Snoop does his rotations recently laid off a ton of nurses.  And will be laying off many more.  Makes for an interesting environment, to say the least.

- Our friends' three year old loves to borrow my cell phone.  And I love finding pictures like this one:


- I've been daydreaming about our trip to the Dallas Arboretum last March.  Mr. Snoop and I met my family in Fort Worth for a wedding and I dragged us all the Dallas Arboretum for Dallas Blooms.  It was awesome.  Such a welcome, sunny, beautiful relief from New York winter.  That trip was so good for the soul.  I can't stop thinking about it.

But really.. Can you blame me?

Gorgeous.  Le sigh. 

If you're ever in the DFW area March 3 - April 8 you just have to go.  Here's their website.

-  It's really hard to believe Mr. Snoop will be graduating in 18 months.  What?

-  I'm excited for the SuperBowl because every year we are generously invited to a really fun party.  Who doesn't love that?  Now I need to plan what to make...

- I think that's it.  Thanks for reading :)
 

2 comments:

  1. Your second bullet is all that has been on my mind today. (I'm sure you got that from my franticky texts this morning) but seriously, even without me dropping him off this schedule is really kicking our butts. At least we know we can have a tiny bit of fun on Monday nights. (Plus once surgery is over we can start meeting Mondays for DWTS- OMG)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES. We got over 2 inches of rain here yesterday! Surely Dallas and its arboretum got some, too. Wink & I had a nice pink session outside this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete