Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Mr. Snoop's Soft Side Revealed

Warning: Gross Medical Post.  I'm married to a med student.  I have no filter when it come to discussion of snot, pee, vomit, staph infections, etc.  Do not procede if you are squeamish.



This past weekend I came down with a cold which turned me into a snotty mess.

[Side Note: You know you have true friends when they'll eat pizza with you while your nose is a snot volcano.  Thanks for not vomiting, Keely and J].

From February to late April of last year, I had the whopping cough.  True story.  It was an epic saga involving a staph infection in my nose, 3 types of antibiotics, reactive airways, steroids, and traumatizing anyone in my path with my horrendous hacking.  Among other things.  Yes, I was vaccinated.  But you can still get it, there was an outbreak in my area, and I work with kids.  See this article.

[2nd Side Note: Please vaccinate your kids.  That sh*t is for real].

Anyway, ever since my battle with whopping cough, the slightest lung irritation turns into a full-blown, hacking cough.  Here's the flow chart from this time around:

minor cold + profuse snot ----> post-nasal drip ----> hacking cough

Mr. Snoop, being a good student doctor, listened to my lung sounds last night.  There was wheezing, at the sound of which he promptly became a 8.5 months pregnant woman and got all sad and sorry for me.  Apparently wheezing really gets to his hormones. 

Please keep in mind Mr. Snoop was not this way when I was regularly hacking to the point of gasping for air, crying, gagging, and losing bladder control when I had whooping cough.  [Again.  This sh*t is no joke.  Vaccinate your kids].  Mr. Snoop is not really what I'd call the "sensitive" type. 

Whatevs. 

So those of you who know Mr. Snoop in person now have the secret to his soft side: just wheeze a little and he'll melt.  Like butter.

The End. 


2 comments:

  1. haha I love this - not that you had whooping cough!, but that you found a way to his heart with wheezing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. Snoop, you sentimental softie. And Emily, you come by your tolerance of talk of disgusting bodily functions quite naturally. Remember dinnertime conversations around the Marshall kitchen table?

    ReplyDelete