Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall

First and foremost, the fall equinox is also my dad's birthday... so Happy Birthday to my dad!

Today is also Mr. Snoop's last day of his internal medecine rotation.  He takes his mini-board (I think that is what it is called?) today and next week he begins pyschiatry.  After 12 weeks of medecine he is ready for something else.

Like everyone, I love the Fall season.  I love cooler temps, college football, and that crisp feeling in the air.  But now that I have moved to the Great White North, Fall brings mixed feelings.  Summer is just not quite long enough up here for my taste.  So I don't really welcome this season with open arms.  Most of all, I know what comes next.  And I dread it.  Winter is kind of my nemesis.  But that is a whole other post.

So to get myself pumped up for Fall, I have been turning to my girlfriend, Pinterest.  Of course.  Here's what is getting me going into Fall this year....


A great Fall nailcolor: I think Essie Chinchilly will be my go-to this year

Caramel Apple Spice from Starbucks.  Delicious!

White pumpkins for decorations.  These would take you through Halloween and beyond.

Keely, J, Mr. Snoop, and I have a groupon to go apple picking.  I love this about the Northeast.

Last but not least... Texas football!  Hook'em Horns!

This is making me feel a little bit better about saying goodbye to summer.  Which leaves me with one final question:

When do you roll out the fall decorations?  Today--the first day of fall--or October 1?  I tend to be an October 1 kind of gal, but I'm considering starting earlier this year.  Care to weigh in?

2 comments:

  1. I love Fall! Russ is leaving tomorrow for a month-long rotation at home, so in order to keep myself busy I'll be rolling out the decorations this weekend :) First day of Fall is today...so no one can judge me, right?

    Thanks for sharing the nail color - going to go find it this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pedicure on Tuesday . . . and Chinchilly is the color I chose BEFORE I read your blog! Nice fall color, and not too goth.

    ReplyDelete