Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Lately

I've been the worst about updating.  Going out of town every two weeks is cramping my blog update style.  Here goes.

- This past weekend Mr. Snoop and I visited his sister Michele in Florida for Labor Day.  We went to the beach, ate lots of Bluebell banana pudding ice cream, and did DIY/odd jobs around her house.  Plus girls' trips to Target, TJ Maxx, and Homegoods.  My kind of weekend.  This is how I felt about being at the beach:


- A note on the Bluebell banana pudding ice cream.  My cousin's wife, Kathleen, introduced it to me when I visited Mr. Snoop while he was doing his away rotation in Galveston.  Now I'm about to make a strong statement here.  It might be better than Bluebell peppermint ice cream.  I know.  Amazing.  And I don't even really like ice cream.  Behold the crack:

 
- Michele and I spray painted her wicker and had planned to make new slipcovers for one of the sofas.   But then I was introduced to her sewing machine, my new mortal enemy. Have any of y'all used a computerized Brother?   It was ugly. After lots of bad language, tears, yelling, prayer, and wine I was only able to make two of the slipcovers.   Needless to say, I'm making the remaining ones here on my Singer and mailing them to her.   I'll post pictures of the "after."
 
- I will never complain about running in New York again.  Florida is so freaking humid.  Did I tell you my girl Keely and I are running a Halloween 10k in October?  It's true.  There will be costumes.  What is even more true is what my coworker said to me: "I was really surprised you were so into this running thing that you are doing a 10k.  But now that I know there are costumes it totally makes sense."  Truer words were never spoken. 
 
- Did I ever show you what we found on the beach in Galveston back when I visited? 
 
 
It's a Portuguese Man of War.  Maybe I should start a section of this blog for terrifying, possibly murderous creatures.  And include the scorpions.

- I have lots to say about what's going on in the land of med school right now.  But I can't really say anything on the intertubes for a while.  Like a month or so.  But I can say that applications for residency will go in on Sept. 15.  Woohoo!

- I also have things to say about what is possibly our final year in New York.  But I am going to try to tackle that after back-to-school this week.

- This post is finally ending.  You're welcome.

2 comments: