Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Pinterest Skirt

Yes, I actually made something I pinned on Pinterest. Last night, even! After making slipcovers for my sister-in-law, I have caught the sewing bug (again) big time. Plus Jo-Ann's is having a huge September Sewing sale, so after spending nearly $70 there (WITH coupons, y'all), I was feeling (p)inspired. No, I'm not even sorry about that pun.

Here's the pin:



And here's the skirt I made, which I am wearing today (sorry about the selfie, you know how I roll):



So if you should choose to use the tutorial on Pinterest, know that the girl's yardage is wrong. She calls for 3/4 of a yard of fabric, which must be a mistake. I'm a size zero (probably smaller around the hips) and that would not have been enough fabric for me. Unless you are a small child, you'll need more fabric. So mine has some awkward side-seam placement issues from the mis-measuring, but hey, I'm not pretending to be an expert here.

I just realized my skirt is polka-dotted too! This is actually old fabric that a friend gave me when she was cleaning out her stash. I'm glad I used it... I think I'll be able to wear the skirt with brown boots + tights when it gets colder and then wear it all summer, too.

Just a warning, there will be more sewing projects coming up. My sister-in-law (not the one I sewed the slipcoveres for) is having a baby. So, yeah, get ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment