Thursday, February 23, 2012

Then I Went Crazy

So everyone has their own reactions to stress, right?  Some people eat, some people exercise, some people drink, whatever.  I organize.  Like a crazy person.  And that's what I did all the long weekend.  There is a family situation back in Tejas that is causing lots o' stress for me.  Naturally, since I can't control that particular situation, I have to control everything else around me.  Via organization.

Like my cabinets:

This bad boy is my erstwhile nemesis.  Tupperware above and vases / candleholders / candles / decorative dishes / paper napkins / party supplies below.

Are you loving the old school paper cabinet liner?  Don't judge me, we're renters.

Or my scrapbook:

That'd be Thanksgiving.  2010.  I am behind.

Also don't judge me because I scrapbook.  Controling my world, remember?

And finally, my coupons:












Yep. After a long resistance, I gave in. $20 at Staples later, I now have a coupon binder. In my defense, it is a) small and b) adorable.  Because I totally scrapbooked the cover.  I hear you snickering.

You can totally judge me now.  But it has made my life much easier.  And Mr. Snoop, lover of all things neat and tidy, adores it.

Off to obsessively clean things now...







2 comments:

  1. I wish I handled stress that way! I eat, wallow and sulk. Definitely NOT helpful or productive.
    But on a more serious note, I hope things get better soon for you! I HATE being stressed and worried about something that is completely out of my control!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock, OCD sister! I put my greeting card collection in a big pink binder, and I'm working on transferring all my recipes to another big blue binder, a la Snoop.

    ReplyDelete