Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Weekend in Norfolk

This past weekend, Mr. Snoop and I road tripped down to Norfolk for his sister's graduation from Medical School.  Yep, it's a medically heavy family.  We left at 5:30am on friday, so I woke up in Delaware just in time for... wait for it.... breakfast at Chick-Fil-A!!!  Yeah, we don't have those in the Great White North.  Mr. Snoop and I had sh*t eating grins on our faces for the entire Chick-Fil-A experience.  Their bathrooms were sparkling and the lady at the register didn't act like we'd ruined her day by patronizing her workplace.  She was (gasp) nice!  And plus there was this:


It's a cell phone pic so you can't see that well, but check out that organization of condiments and silverware.  It made my slightly ocd heart sing!  Don't judge me.

Also, I wore these really cute wedges that I got at Target for the entire trip down.  They are super comfortable.  Again, don't judge me.

  
The graduation was really nice- we were able to walk from the hotel.  I can't believe that in (exactly!!) one year that will be Mr. Snoop.  Craziness.  Here we are after the graduation.  I've got some awesome shadows on my face.


After the graduation, Mr. Snoop, his other sister, her boyfriend, and I walked over to a beer festival down the street from our hotel.  It was really fun and just so nice to be outside in the sunshine.  Mr. Snoop was pretty much in heaven, even though his face says otherwise:


It was so nice to just escape our normal routine for a weekend.  And, not gonna lie, to get out of New York for a little bit.  I love escaping the fast pace of life up here.  The only part that sucked was our drive back.  We made the drive down in 6.5 hours but the drive back took nearly 10 hours.  All the traffic was, you guessed it, in New Jersey.  Horrific.  But at least we got these awesome strawberries on the way:


...And now we're prepping for our next weekend away.  In Texas!

No comments:

Post a Comment