Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May Randoms

As I've mentioned earlier, the month of May is crazy sauce this year (and every year?).  Since I have been--and still am--running around nonstop, my brain won't do a coherent post.  So here's a random list of what's been going on.

- My friend Jessica visited over Cinco De Mayo.  We had friends over to grill out and drink margaritas.  It was marvelous.  I love friends.

- I did a BIG grocery shop with coupons on Monday.  I paid $102 for $205 worth of groceries.  Holla!

- Mr. Snoop and I went to an annual party for my work.  There is a theme and costume contest every year.  This year it was movie characters.  I was Elle Woods because I couldn't think of anything better, and let's face it, I have lots of pink on hand.  Mr. Snoop was Bluto from Animal House. 

Toga....TOGA....TOGA!!!!!

In case you are thinking, "He should have won...."  Why yes, yes he did in fact win.  The trophy is on his desk.

- To make a really great toga, get two cheap twin top sheets and sew two ends together.  Easiest homemade costume ever.

- Speaking of work, did you know my work is haunted?  True story.  The building was built in like 1860 or something, so, yeah.  I know there is one male ghost who used to own the property.  There is also a dark-haired female ghost.  She was spotted again recently.  I haven't seen either and am really not interested in seeing them.  And that's why I nearly pee my pants every time I'm alone at work at night.  EEK!!!  Have you ever seen a ghost?

- We are driving to Norfolk for Mr. Snoop's sister's med school graduation this weekend.  I need to plan my outfits.  And I hope it's warm enough to go to the beach.

- Remember how I had one free weekend until July?  Well now we are going down to TX that weekend (Memorial Day) for my grandfather's 80th birthday party at my uncle's ranch.  There will be lots of booze and bbq, and I can't wait!

- I left my calendar at home today and now I feel naked and lost without it.  I also forgot to put in my earrings.  So basically I'm a hot mess.

That's all I got!  Hope y'all are doing well!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to Mr. Snoop on his win and to you on your costume design! Can an Oscar nomination be far behind? BTW, did Mr. Snoop start a food fight?

    ReplyDelete