Friday, December 14, 2012

I saw Lady Mary Crawley on my run

On Monday the high hit FIFTY EIGHT degrees. Alleluia! It was kind of nasty and insanely foggy, but nevertheless, alleluia!

Since the temperature was above freezing, I had to take my new lululemon shorts out for a run. I got to squeeze in a quick, easy three miles on the aqueduct before yoga. The great thing about my yoga studio is that I can park there and then run up to the Old Croton Aqueduct trail. So convenient. Since it was an easy (and wet!!) run, I had to stop to take a picture of this sight. It was a billion times more awesome and eerie in person.



Seriously, those robber barons sure knew what they were doing. You can't see it due to all the fog, but the Hudson is right behind the mansion. I am pretty darn grateful that I get to take in view like that while I run. Does anyone else suddenly have the Downton Abbey song stuck in their head now? Right? Where's Lady Mary?

I somehow managed to fight the urge to pretend to live in Downton Abbey land and go dramatically sweeping down the rolling lawn (but y'all, I do have an antique, 1920s engagement ring. That counts for something, right?) Naturally, Bombs over Baghdad came on my shuffle as soon as I put my headphones on after taking the picture. Of course. Gosh, I'm so hardcore. I really should sync my playlist to play the Downton Abbey music right when I come out of the woods onto this estate. How amazing would that be?

Speaking of amazing, the English countryside, and Lady Mary Crawley, and majesty in general, here please appreciate another view from my run on Monday:



Downton Abbey still stuck in your head? Before I moved to the Great White North, I thought the South had cornered the market on tacky. Wrong again! You better believe this place had loud music to accompany their decorations. Merry Christmas and you're welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment